With a PhD in the Composition of Opera for Young People, Omar is a specialist in vocal and dramatic music, including opera, musical theatre and song.
- A Shoe Full of Stars, One-act chamber opera with teenagers (libretto by Ed Harris), commissioned by Opera Schmopera
- RECHARGED, mini-opera with primary school children, commissioned by The Wigmore Hall
- Lizzie and the Dark, One-act chamber opera with children, commissioned by Opera Schmopera
- The Sweeper of Dreams, mini-opera (libretto by Elizabeth Adlington)
- Cosmo, dramatic cantata for 8 singers, 'cello and percussion (libretto by the composer)
- Cleopatra's Key, One-act musical (book by Lily Lowe-Myers), commissioned by Hatstand Productions
- Cheesecake: The Mousical, One-act musical for children, commissioned by Hackney Children's Theatre
- Nicola, One-act musical (book by Lily Lowe-Myers), commissioned by Hatstand Productions
- O to make the most jubilant song, 10 minute work for Britten Sinfonia solists, amateur orchestral players, 2 community choirs and Indian Dhol ensemble, commissioned by Britten Sinfonia Creative Learning Programme for "Peterborough Presents"
- Yellow Rattle, for Clare Whistler's 'Wildflowers Project'
- Wreckage of Dreams, for a capella choir (lyrics by Shaun Gardiner)
- Self Raising, short film by Hatstand Productions
- A Silent Picnic, short film by Hatstand Productions